[extropy-chat] Re: John Wright Finds God

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Sat Dec 11 01:08:10 UTC 2004

Walter_Chen at compal.com wrote:

> > From: Dirk Bruere
> > http://www.neopax.com/asatru/pk/index.html
> > Incidentally, 'The Amazing Randi'vii has a standing offer of one
> million dollars for anyone
> > who can demonstrate psychic phenomena in a laboratory setting of his
> design. Isn't it time some of us collected?
> > Dirk Bruere - September 2004
>
> It would be *very* interesting to know if you have tried or when you
> plan to get the $1M prize.

Well, if I can get a group of people together to replicate the Toronto
SPR results then it will be worth a shot.
IMO they had a phenomenon that was sufficiently replicable to be able to
claim the prize - except they were 20yrs too early.
All this from a book I picked up at a secondhand bookshop...

Talked to some people from the SPR and nobody appears to have repeated,
or even attempted, the expt since then. That's what I find strange.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org