[extropy-chat] Just What We All Need To Know!

scerir scerir at libero.it
Mon Dec 13 07:50:43 UTC 2004

[Walter]
> Have you read this book and agree to this TOE?

T. Breuer wrote something strong about TOEs
http://www.staff.fh-vorarlberg.ac.at/tb/
See under 'publications' and you'll find
'What Theories of Everything Don't Tell', in
Studies in the History and Philosophy
of Modern Physics, 28, (1997), 137-143.2

> Quantum Mechanics -- is it all just a Misunderstanding?

This is a general hope :-)
According to Rabi, Wheeler, etc. it is more a blindness,
than a misunderstanding.

"Someday, surely, we will see the principle underlying
existence as so simple, so beautiful, so obvious that
we will all say to each other, 'Oh, how could we all
have been so blind, so long.'"

--John Archibald Wheeler, "A Journey Into Gravity and
    Spacetime," _Scientific American Library_, 1990.