[extropy-chat] armchair cryonicists?

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Dec 16 08:29:12 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 06:41:55PM -0800, Ned Late wrote:

> I am not familiar with the latest in-crowd expressions and buzzwords.

-1, troll.

http://www.alcor.org/cryonics/cryonics9106.txt

http://www.google.com/search?q=armchair&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

> Would you please enlighten as to a more specific meaning of 'armchair
> cryonicist? Would that, in the venacular of some of you, indicate someone

-1, troll.

> who is interested in cryonics but does not spend funds on being suspended,
> or does not donate to cryonics organisations?

No. Armchair cryonicists are (usually well-meaning, and very energetic)
people with little or no understanding of medicine and cryobiology, yet full
of great ideas. <-- been there, done that.

The more obnoxious of them actively resist listening to anything which might
burst their bubble.