[extropy-chat] The idea of technology enhancing performance everywhere will be normal

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 10:08:51 UTC 2004

Always On: When Digital Natives start taking over, the idea of
technology enhancing performance everywhere, in business as in sports,
will be normal instead of nutty.
As demographics shift, and the Digital Natives populate enterprises -
that great bastion of Analogists - the mentality of using technology
to solve nearly any issue will emerge.
The need to effectively integrate information in and around
organizations will not be viewed as a neat idea, but as a necessity, a
crisis. When meetings are dominated by Digital Natives that spawn more
and more Digital Immigrants, not only will folks be buying more iPods,
but they will spend more on Web Services, they will push back on CIOs
who say IT can't be done, CEOs will demand ubiquitous simple
instantaneous database querying.... And we may debate whether cyborgs
should be allowed into the technology Hall of Fame.
"... Cause it's gonna be the future soon - And I won't always be this
way, - When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered
away..." - Jonathan Coulton [I loved this quote]
http://www.alwayson-network.com/comments.php?id=7507_0_14_0_C