[extropy-chat] Re: Damien grants psi evidence

Walter_Chen at compal.com Walter_Chen at compal.com
Sun Dec 19 10:22:59 UTC 2004

> From: Damien Broderick
> < The questions on whether DNA or the atom were intelligent entities broke
> down as follows: for DNA 71% said Yes and 29% said No; and for the atom
56%
> said yes and 44% said No. These differences seemed to arise from
variations
> within the respondents' belief system regarding the creation process. >
> This is like quoting one of the monster raving loonies on
> sci.physics.i-am-a-crackpot about relativity, and deciding Einstein must
be
> full of crap.

Depending on the definition of intelligence, at least some of your unique
life history is closely encoded in DNAs.
********************
Source: http://news.scotsman.com/scitech.cfm?id=1386262004
<http://news.scotsman.com/scitech.cfm?id=1386262004>
"Delving into mind over matter"
In his first book, It's The Thought That Counts, due to be published next
year, he will put forward the scientific arguments about the mysterious
mind-body connection and argue that powerful human states such as happiness
and optimism can actually change your DNA.
What about atoms? Is it possible that each atom contains some internal
information of its own past history?
For example, the atoms of my body could include some internal information of
myself even after I become ashes?
Just curious.

This message may contain information which is private, privileged or confidential of Compal Electronics, Inc.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender and destroy/delete the message. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information, by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.