[extropy-chat] silent night

Thu Dec 23 16:02:03 UTC 2004

On Dec 23, 2004, at 6:18 AM, Robin Hanson wrote:

> On 12/22/2004, Harvey Newstrom wrote:
>> I will bet any amount of money that the sun will still exist 20 years
>> from now.
>
> Ah, but at what odds?  How about my penny to your million dollars?

I will gladly take such a bet.  I know a penny isn't really worth the
trouble of even betting, but it is virtually impossible for me to lose.
  I assume that you are willing to risk this because the risk of a penny
is so small.  I think that the risk that we can actually build a
friendly AI that progresses to the point of disassembling the sun
within 20 years is even a smaller risk.

--
Harvey Newstrom <HarveyNewstrom.com>
CISSP, ISSAP, ISSMP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC