[extropy-chat] Re: Newtonmass?

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Dec 23 23:33:03 UTC 2004

At 10:11 AM 12/24/2004 +1100, Brett wrote:

>what is this Newtonmass stuff?

Newtonmass is what used to cause gravity, before Einsteincurvature was
invented.

Newtonmas is a holiday a couple of days from now.

Newtonms is the girl Newton never married. Or maybe his sister. Or,
strictly speaking, both. If he had one, which seems unlikely since his
father died before he was born. Before *Isaac* was born, that is. But at
least we don't have to worry about his mother having been a virgin. I mean,
she *was* a virgin at one time, just not when Isaac was born.

>Was Isaac Newton born on 25 December or something?

So Google assures us.

Damien Broderick