[extropy-chat] Copycat Copycat

Joseph Bloch jbloch at humanenhancement.com
Fri Dec 24 02:45:52 UTC 2004

Harvey Newstrom wrote:

> But it also seems much less interesting.  People will pay $50K for a
> clone of their pet because they think it is somehow their pet
> reincarnated.  Would people pay $50K for a similar looking kitten from
> the same litter as their pet?  I doubt it would be worth that much to
> them.

I suppose it all depends on how you look at it. Are we interested in
getting positive publicity and funding through false general
impressions? That gets more up-front funding. Or are we interested in
educating people about the true impact of emergent technologies such as
cloning? That gets more long-term acceptance.

Honestly, there are arguments on both sides.

Joseph

Enhance your body "beyond well" and your mind "beyond normal":
http://www.humanenhancement.com