[extropy-chat] sri lanka tsunami

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 28 21:42:54 UTC 2004

--- Max M <maxm at mail.tele.dk> wrote:

> I think you have misread it.

If I misread it, why did he rescind that comment today:

"U.N. Emergency Relief Coordinator Jan Egeland rowed back from
statements he made on Monday after an annoyed Secretary of State Colin
Powell said Washington was "the greatest contributor to international
relief efforts in the world."

Egeland told reporters on Tuesday: "I've been misinterpreted when I
yesterday said that I believed that rich countries in general can be
more generous."

"It has nothing to do with any particular country or the response to
this emergency. We are in early days and the response has so far been
overwhelmingly positive," he said.

"The international assistance that has come and been pledged from the
United States, from Europe and from countries in the region has also
been very generous," Egeland added. "

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)