[extropy-chat] EDU: Georgia and Evolution

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Sun Feb 1 16:35:24 UTC 2004

--- Max M <maxm at mail.tele.dk> wrote:
> Mike Lorrey wrote:
> > The political fear is the idea
> > that the indians ancestors may have stolen the new
> world from
> > caucasians (so it was our historical right to take
> it back), thus
> > negating their historical claims.
>
> Damn it! I am sitting here in the grimm north. It's
> snowing and rainging
> outside.
>
> I want Africa back, and I want it now!

You missed the subtext: the land would come with
everything that's been placed on and in it.  There
isn't as much infrastructure in Africa as in North
America.

A really rich person could try to conquer one of the
mid-African dictatorships, then build up the nation
through education and industrialization funded from
the new dictator's own pocket...but it's much easier
to develop the things we want to develop in an already
industrialized country.