[extropy-chat] and Moses stretched out his hand ..

scerir scerir at libero.it
Tue Feb 3 16:20:43 UTC 2004

The Avantguardian:

> Tripling the night? Well that's easy.
> Einstein's theories of time dilation hold the answer
> [...]

It seems that Zeus did not effect his union with Alcmena
from the desire of love, sex, or beauty, but only for the sake
of procreation. So, Zeus did not offer violence to her, nor
attempted to persuade her chastity, but instead deceived her
by assuming her husband's shape, thus giving legality to his
'embraces'.

Zeus increased the length of the night because the might of the
child (Heracles-Hercules should defend the - immortal - Gods
from the - mortal - Giants) was in relation to the time employed
in its procreation.

So, I think Zeus manipulated a physical parameter, not just
his or her phychological state (Bergson's time).

Btw, when Alcmena's (proper) husband was told, by Tiresias, that
Zeus was the father of the latter, he never again slept with his
wife for fear of the God's jealousy. It seems that Hera was insane
with jealousy of Zeus' infidelity, and as a punishment she sent
snakes to her, which were killed by the already strong baby
Heracles-Hercules (... and this seems ok, to me).