[extropy-chat] Help save the Apollo launch pad

Emlyn O'regan oregan.emlyn at healthsolve.com.au
Thu Feb 5 05:51:34 UTC 2004

I think it's a laudable goal to save relics as monuments from the golden age
of space development. It can be used to remind people that great things can
be accomplished, and as a motivator for future work. When we only
monumentalise non-tech things, we end up with a feeling that technology is
fleeting and doesn't survive the test of time. So we value it less. If we
can leave reminders of the truly great achievements, maybe that perception
can change, and people can remember that technology makes the most vital
difference in the ongoing human struggle.

Emlyn