[extropy-chat] FWD (SK) The Coming Climate Collapse

Russell Evermore nanowave at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 8 19:51:07 UTC 2004

[Regarding ambitious macro-engineering of terran topology]

> Why?  Im not disagreeing, but I do want to understand
> the reasoning of the people who might oppose such an action.
> Would the opposers be entirely on the part of those
> who wish the people of north Africa to starve?  Or are
> there other interests I am overlooking?  Looks like a
> tropical north Africa would help everyone in some way.
> To me, fixing Africa is an even more worthwhile project
> than going to Mars.  And this is *me* talking.

What have they done to the Earth? ...What have they done to our fair sister?
... Ravaged and plundered and ripped her and bit her ... Stabbed her with
knives in the side of the dawn...Tied her with fences and .......Dragged her
dowwwn...

Jim Morrison

But rejoice! Although as a teenager, I repeatedly drove such amplified
lyrics (by The Doors) into my young impressionable skull - to the degree
that the above quote is brought to you solely from memory, I still turned
out to be a luddite bashing transhumanist. Or something like that.

Russell Evermore