[extropy-chat] Segways banned in Disney World

Alan Eliasen eliasen at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 9 21:23:16 UTC 2004

Mike Lorrey wrote:

>>>Yeah, sure, on a busy highway. What again is the kinetic energy of

>>>2000 lb car at that velocity? Thats 21 million lb ft^2/sec^2
>>
>>   Actually, it's 15.5 million lb ft^2/sec^2.  In Frink notation, (
>>http://futureboy.homeip.net/frinkdocs/ )
>>
>>   1/2 2000 lb (85 mph)^2 -> million lb ft^2/s^2
>>gives
>>   15.54
>
> Ayup. I forgot the 1/2.

   Hmmm... that still doesn't account for the discrepancy.  You would have
gotten 31 million.  Errors like this are why I made Frink in the first place.

   And, for communicating with the rest of the world, we'd probably want the
result in joules, which is just as easy:

  1/2 2000 lb (85 mph)^2 -> J

   Ah, the tower of Babel has fallen.  :)

--
  Alan Eliasen                 | "You cannot reason a person out of a
  eliasen at mindspring.com       |  position he did not reason himself