[extropy-chat] Eugen Leitl, you got Klez

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 21:28:25 UTC 2004

--- Russell Evermore <nanowave at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Ok, I've got SEVEN messages in my "deleted"  folder supposedly from
> Eugen Leitl to ExI chat list. I could forward them back but wouldn't
> without your
> request to do so. All messages appear to reply to various current
> topics but
> include NOTHING in the message bodies. All include the following pair
> of attachments ATT00035.txt and ATT00038.dat.

Likely someone else with Outlook who has Eugenes and your addresses in
the contacts database is infected, or was infected. Their machine sent
the virus to you, spoofing itself as Eugene. You can get some idea of
who that person is by displaying the full header information of the
email message. This will display the various IP addresses and
server/relay names the message passed through and originated from.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey