[extropy-chat] Re: Religion: Subject Change! How can you Trust Anythingfrom the Bible - Wise Maji or Not?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 15:51:28 UTC 2004

--- Christian Weisgerber <naddy at mips.inka.de> wrote:

> When I tell people around here about American religious
> conservatives,
> they think I'm making things up.  It's just too preposterous.  Surely
> creationism must be a joke, nobody has believed this for centuries.
>
> It's high time the US starts a crusade to clean up its very own
> religious fundamentalism.

That is a problem here. The only real way to get rid of em is by
discrediting them: i.e. gotta pimp some ho's to em. However, some of
the leaders are so old that the very idea of doing that is not
credible. Financial shennanigans are the other favorite. Gambling too.
This doesn't work long term, because their theology allows for
tear-filled repentance.

All you can really do is educate people, which is why the creationists
attack the schools.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark