[extropy-chat] DVD recommendations?

Technotranscendence neptune at superlink.net
Thu Feb 12 01:32:22 UTC 2004

On Wednesday, February 11, 2004 8:08 PM Brian Atkins brian at posthuman.com
wrote:
> http://www.netflix.com/Default?
>
> No shipping charges, or rather they are built
> into the monthly fee. It has a free trial so give
> it a whirl.

I'm a Netflix addict as well.  It's actually one of the cheapest ways to
get lots of DVDs and they have a better selection than any retail outlet
I've been to.  Depending on how fast you watch films -- I see about two
or three a week -- you can typically save a bundle.

Of coruse, there's a downside.  One problem is I can't always predict
exactly when a DVD will show up.  Usually, it only takes a day or day to
get one, but if I'm having friends over and they want to see a film, we
usually hit one of the retail rental places.

Verily,

Dan
  See "The Hills of Rendome" at:
http://uweb.superlink.net/neptune/Rendome.html