[extropy-chat] gay marriage

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 17 15:54:35 UTC 2004

> Giu1i0 Pri5c0
> Subject: RE: [extropy-chat] gay marriage
>

> I don't think Muslim culture is more against homosexuality
> than Christian
> culture. If you refer to "the threat from having
> religious influence on American policy" then I agree.

Ja, this protest probably drew in christian
fundamentalists too, but these are rare in
the San Francisco area.

Im not sure however.  Christian culture has become
somewhat progressive on this matter, with the
episcopalians recognizing an openly gay minister.
This attitude is not universal of course.  Somehow
I doubt that the Muslim world is wresting with
that issue these days.

As a side note, several of the Muslim protesters
carried signs reading "Even the animals do not
have same-sex relations."  Anyone who has been
around animals enough knows that this is not true.
I don't know why that particular meme would find
resonance with that set.