[extropy-chat] Time Travel Fund

Avatar Polymorph avatar at renegadeclothing.com.au
Thu Feb 19 04:40:44 UTC 2004

I agree with Tipler on the principle of using information about the past
to construct quantum splits of dying bodies, one in the past and one in
the present. (Similarly I agree with the principle of using general or
consensually obtained private information about past physical environments,
as assessed by an independent neutral arbitrator akin to Elizier's systems
operation AI/Singularity supervisor.)

I do not see any form of time travel which results in change in the
past as ethical - without the informed consent of every single being which
would be affected (i.e. the entire timeline forward from that point) - and
seeking such consent is in itself an intervention in the period from the
past to
the present.