[extropy-chat] gay marriage

Brent Neal brentn at freeshell.org
Wed Feb 18 16:06:15 UTC 2004

 (2/18/04 7:25) Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:

>This could lead one to conclude that human homosexual sex is not about
>love at all, but violence or simulated violence for asserting
>dominance, i.e. outside the protections of a loving and equal marriage relationship.

But only if we agree that the ethics of civil rights and liberties are part of the "natural order of things," which I think neither staunch libertarians nor staunch fundamentalists will argue.

Brent Neal
Geek of all Trades
http://brentn.freeshell.org

"Specialization is for insects" -- Robert A. Heinlein