[extropy-chat] gay marriage

Kevin Freels kevinfreels at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 18 16:16:55 UTC 2004

AHA!
The bonobos having sex out of estrus, masturbating, and fondling each other
were examples I had used in that list. I had used ants for wars and for
agriculture (there is a type of ant that actually grows and harvests a
fungus).
 I couldn't find it by googling, but maybe I can recreate it with the proper
brainstorming. Many are starting to come back to me as we carry on this
conversation. I never knew that about dolphins though. As a matter of fact,
I probably didn;t give enough attention to sea life at all. I found the
examples I was looking for on land and didn;t even need to venture so far!
Oh, another was the "building" of a home in contrast to diggin a hole or
other such thing. Nests are one example, but I had found some that were far
better.
Others were the use of weapons to fight, cannibalism, food sharing, taking
care of the sick, taking care of other species, and and and....gee, I'm
stuck again. I'll keep working on it.