[extropy-chat] Near Death Experiences: a scientific approach

Acy James Stapp astapp at fizzfactorgames.com
Wed Feb 18 22:40:15 UTC 2004

I think it's generally recognized that near-death experiences are a
result
of blockade of the NMDA receptor complex. Dissociative anesthetics and
drugs
such as Ketamine, PCP, and high-dose dextromethorphan can produce
experiences
more or less like a NDE.

See http://www.ecstasy.org/info/kket4.html for a survey
and google http://www.google.com/search?q=near-death+nmda