[extropy-chat] Immigrants (was: gay marriage)

Major extropy at audry2.com
Thu Feb 19 02:10:58 UTC 2004

Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> writes:

> What it has to do with muslims is that they allegedly come here to 'be
> americans', but immediately set about trying to change America, just as
> others come here from europe and immediately start donating to anti-gun
> groups. It is dishonest immigration.

It would only be dishonest if potential immigrants were required to
warrant that they regarded America as perfect in every way. In fact it
is only necessary for a potential immigrant to think that America is,
on balance, better than the country they are from in order for to
justify the decision to immigrate.

After I have immigrated I should be as free as any other citizen to
engage in free speech or other legal political action in order to make
the place better.

Major