[extropy-chat] Witch-hunting (Was gay marriage)

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Thu Feb 19 04:30:25 UTC 2004

From: "David Lubkin" <extropy at unreasonable.com>
> Major wrote:
> >If you start treating people who have political opinions and express
> >them in a legal way as spies (which is what clause was apparently
> >about) you are right back in the McCarthy era.

> I sympathize with reasoned opposition to domestic defensive measures or an
> interventionist foreign policy. The question is what to do instead, in the
> face of the presence of a persistent group determined to hurt us. Starting
> from where we are today, not presupposing anarchotopia or libertopia.

Yes, what to do, what to do (after we figure out just who are the bad guys
and who are the good guys, and who is trying to hurt us - and maybe are we
hurting ourselves in the process, as well? and, if so, how?)  I saw this for
the first time today, and I wonder what you think (warning:  it's very
bloody and graphic) ... and how are we going to get out of this?:

http://www.robert-fisk.com/iraqwarvictims_mar2003.htm

Olga