[extropy-chat] The problems with Alcor and the new proposedArizona law

Technotranscendence neptune at superlink.net
Sun Feb 22 17:55:29 UTC 2004

On Sunday, February 22, 2004 11:15 AM Robert J. Bradbury
bradbury at aeiveos.com wrote:
> It seems clear that any cryonics organization
> without viable both national and international
> "Plan B's" should be open to serious criticism.

Someone suggested Switzerland many years ago -- not an Alcor member, but
just someone with an opinion on the matter.

You're mentioning the legal traditions regarding one's remains is to the
point.  An area with a strong history of not meddling with how people
deal with this stuff is likely to be the best place.  Any cryonics
organization, too, has to think very long-term -- not just move about at
the drop of a hat.

Regarding NH, I'm also in agreement.  It sounds good, but let's see what
happens first.  (I'm watching in anticipation too.  I wouldn't mind
moving to NH.  I want to see what happens first and have good prospects
first.)  It could be that, as you say, a backlash will arise.  Such
reactions are to be expected...

Cheers!

Dan
http://uweb.superlink.net/neptune/MyWorks.html