[extropy-chat] Nerve cells grown on a microchip communicatewiththe brain

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Tue Feb 24 21:59:56 UTC 2004

What Mike said.  My graduate thesis back in '96 was on
this topic, and I've been aware of commercially
available chips specifically designed and marketed
for computer-neuron communication (i.e., grow or
thread neurons through the chip, and wire the chip to
whatever electronics you want to read from and/or
write to the neurons) since at least '99.