[extropy-chat] Nerve cells grown on a microchipcommunicatewiththe brain

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Wed Feb 25 00:08:35 UTC 2004

There are several researchers; I would reccomend you
Google around for the specific application you're
interested in.  But if you want starting points,
http://www.wired.com/news/medtech/0,1286,61889,00.html
and
http://www.trnmag.com/Stories/030701/Neuron-chip_link_advances_030701.html
and
http://abc.net.au/science/news/health/HealthRepublish_93733.htm
could help.

Also, as it happens, my thesis was mainly a summary of
the research done prior to 1996, and an argument that
this application was possible.  (Not neuron-on-chip
itself, but a neuron-computer interface like what has
been put onto a chip.)  As such, its bibliography
contains a number of pointers to pre-1996 research in
the field.  I could email it to you directly (I'd
rather not spam the list) if this would be of use.