[extropy-chat] Re: White House To Seek Ban On Gay Sex On The Moon

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 20:17:48 UTC 2004

Christian Weisgerber <naddy at mips.inka.de> wrote:
Social conservatives all over are up in arms against gay marriage.
I realize I'm probably asking the wrong audience here, but can
somebody explain to me WHY?

*It's an evil plan by the Republicans led by the NeoCon fascists to distract the American public from those issues that ARE important like the economy, foreign policy, etc. It's no accident that they timed this so close to the presidential election. They are hoping to capitalize on the vast number of homophobes amongst the poorly literate to increase their election returns come November. It's Bush reaching out to the hick's (his core constituents) to put him back into office. It's also a distraction in the sense that now the Democrats are going to waste precious, time, money, and energy fighting tooth and nail for a "non-issue".

Supposedly gay marriage is eroding the institution of marriage.
And apparently this is such an obvious truth that no explanation
needs to be given.

* The Americans that this propaganda is aimed at are the ones that need no more obvious truth than that the bible says that homosexuality is wrong. This is simply once again a case of the fiscal neoconservatives (read: scheming corporate elite) exploiting the social conservatives (read: poor/naive/ignorant bible belters). The utter hypocrisy of the Republican position on this is evident by the fact that the bible also says that fornication (sex outside of wedlock) is wrong. So if gays are going to be having sex anyways, isn't it less wrong for them to be doing it while married to each other? Of course this is a line of argument I am sure the Republicans-NeoCons don't want the masses of middle America to hear since they, as usual of late, are banking on the ignorance of the people.

It's kind of sad because I used have quite a bit more respect for Republicans and conservatives in general until their leadership started thinking that because they were wealthier than I was, that somehow gave them the right to insult my intelligence everytime they opened their mouths.

Sorry for the rant.

The Avantguardian

"He stands like some sort of pagan god or deposed tyrant. Staring out over the city he's sworn to . . .to stare out over and it's evident just by looking at him that he's got some pretty heavy things on his mind."