[extropy-chat] Re: White House To Seek Ban On Gay Sex On The Moon

David Lubkin extropy at unreasonable.com
Sat Feb 28 06:17:13 UTC 2004

At 05:41 PM 2/27/2004 +0000, Christian Weisgerber wrote:

>Social conservatives all over are up in arms against gay marriage.
>I realize I'm probably asking the wrong audience here, but can
>somebody explain to me WHY?

Orson Scott Card has a biweekly column wherein he expounds on whatever's
concerning him that week, usually a current issue in politics or society.
Card is a best-selling, award-winning, sf and fantasy writer, a Mormon
Sunday School teacher, and a conservative Democrat, living in North Carolina.

Where I agree with him, I find he articulates my thoughts more effectively
than I can. Where I disagree, the columns are still a joy to read. When I
discovered them, I found it worth going back and reading his archives, in
chronological order.

He recently presented his case against gay marriage in

http://www.ornery.org/essays/warwatch/2004-02-15-1.html

I'm writing up my own views on the issue for an op-ed piece.

-- David Lubkin.