[extropy-chat] Live from the Free State

BillK bill at wkidston.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Feb 29 16:51:12 UTC 2004

On Sat Feb 28, 2004 06:28 am Mike Lorrey wrote:
> FSP Winter Festival
> Ongoing this weekend in Danbury, it has been an opportunity for
> porcupines to visit the state, enjoy some NH recreational activities,
> meet with leaders in the state movement, and be involved in the
> forming of the Free Town Project, which will concentrate 200-300
> porcupines in the neighboring town of Grafton over the next year to
> create a libertarian majority and serve as a test bed for local-level
> libertarian policies.
> We've been scouting properties for development, learning about the
> town government from town residents, and getting to know this area of
> the state much better.

This seems a bit, - well, odd? to me.
Would there be any objections to say, 300 Moonies, or 300 Muslims, doing
exactly the same town invasion? And if so, why do these objections not
apply to libertarians?

I'm sure I remember Mike complaining about rich townies who move to the
countryside, then start trying to change their locality to be more like
where they came from.

BillK