[extropy-chat] Happy New Year

BillK bill at wkidston.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jan 1 00:59:40 UTC 2004

On Wed Dec 31, 2003 05:38 pm J Corbally wrote:
> But I'm sitting in the warmth sipping coke and chips n'dip. Life is
> good, and I think during this year it'll get better. Just think,
> there's things going to happen this year that just couldn't be done
> last year. We're getting closer to where we want to be,
> Transhumanistically speaking.

Well, I'm leaning back in my comfy computer chair here in London,
sipping a glass of old French brandy, resting my feet on a convenient
serf and watching all the panic messages scroll up my screen.

We've got a bit of crisis here. Our cable provider, Blueyonder, has
collapsed in a heap nationwide and about half a million customers have
no digital TV. Email has gone, website is down and some people have lost
cable phone service. All the support staff are down the pub celebrating
the New Year of course, so it could be sometime before civilization
returns to normal.

Did somebody mention single point of failure?

Bit tricky this advanced technology lark.   ;)

All the best for 2004

BillK
Freeserve AnyTime - HALF PRICE for the first 3 months - Save £7.50 a month
www.freeserve.com/anytime