[extropy-chat] that bad old internet

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Fri Jan 2 17:07:29 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Spike" <spike66 at comcast.net>
To: "'ExI chat list'" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2004 3:15 AM
Subject: [extropy-chat] that bad old internet

> My burden is for my own neices, aged 11 and 13.  Their
> parents do not allow them any access to the internet
> because of... well, you can imagine any number of reasons
> why not.  These girls are polite, honest, upstanding
> citizens, excellent students and excellent readers.
> But their vast cluelessness knows no bounds.  They are
> so naive, so very unaware of the world in which they will
> soon enter, it worries me.  What happens when they enter
> college without internet research skills?  They will know
> all about American history (sort of) from their wide
> reading about how children lived in past decades.  But

Learning to use the Net is no big deal once one hits google.
As for their future prospects, I think Frank Zappa wrote a song about
something similar with 'Catholic Girls'

> they will know almost nothing about the things that
> matter for prosperity in our world.  This latest adventure
> with the pastor telling my in-laws that the internet is
> evil didn't help matters at all.

SDAs are, IMO, one of the most retard of Xian sects.
[Just thought I'd add that gratuitous religious insult to round off the
discussion...]

Dirk

The Consensus:-
The political party for the new millennium
http://www.theconsensus.org