[extropy-chat] Most Outrageous Anti-Biotech Statements

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Mon Jan 5 04:18:39 UTC 2004

From: Natasha Vita-More

> Max and I spent the evening reading preposterous statements made by a
uniformity of anti-biotech advocates.  Geez. :-)

> Damien (Broderick) - or someone - what is the most collectable, flagrant
anti-progress statement you've seen quoted?

Sometimes they're so loony, I wonder if the statements are intended to be
satirical.  While certainly not *the most* flagrant, this is characteristic
of some of the ones I've read from PETA:

"Even if animal tests produced a cure for AIDS, we'd be against it." -
Phyllis Newkirk, co-founder and president of PETA

http://www.animalscam.com/

Olga