[extropy-chat] CLONE: Seeking contacts for organ cloning

J Corbally jcorb at iol.ie
Tue Jan 6 19:39:53 UTC 2004

Very sorry to hear of your Mum's troubles, Mike.  I seem to remember you
mentioning her on your blogsite, didn't realize it was to this extent.  I
know what it's like to watch a parent go through such difficulties, I hope
things improve for her.

As for research, I'm afraid I'm a dead end, really sorry.  My understanding
is that the intestine is a pretty uniform organ along its length, so it
sounds like a good candidate for stem cell growth on a polymer scaffold as
they do with arteries.  Perhaps by growing several sections simultaneously
to acheive long length very quickly, joining them as they grow.

Please pardon my musings, I hope someone else here can point to some
positive WIP.

James...