[extropy-chat] The Golden Transcendence

Don Dartfield twodeel at jornada.org
Tue Jan 6 23:04:14 UTC 2004

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Mike Lorrey wrote:

> Website and home page are not necessarily different things. Nor is a
> site what you asked for, you asked first whether he had a site, then you
> asked for a URL. The URL referenced above is a site (notice, no ".html"
> file specified), not a home page, which would be either index.html or
> home.html, or index.php, or something of that sort.

I don't know ... just because the URL doesn't specify a particular file
doesn't mean that it isn't referring specifically to a home page.  URLs
that don't specify page can refer to a whole web site, or can just be
shorthand for the URL of the index page.  And personally, I refuse to use
the term "site" for anything that involves less than two pages.