[extropy-chat] Surviving a flood...

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 03:36:50 UTC 2004

--- "Robert J. Bradbury" <bradbury at aeiveos.com> wrote:

> The largest known mountain in the ancient world was probably
> Mt. Ararat.  Currently 16,940 ft (5165 m).  I don't think the
> conclusions would change too significantly if one switches
> from Mt. Everest to Mt. Ararat.

Well, given that Bob Ballard has demonstrated the likely source of the
flood myth was the breaching of the Bosporus and flooding of the Black
Sea around 5000 BC, can anybody say how long it would take to raise the
Black Sea to its present level, filling it from the Bosporus, and
whether such filling would cause high rainfail for some period???

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey