[extropy-chat] Re: [wta-talk] Libertarianism and the Autistic Spectrum (fwd from fehlinger at un.org)

Paul Grant paulgrant999 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 9 00:21:14 UTC 2004

Actually, being a person of some severe* psychological abnormalities,
I'll play a card that is a favorite of mine when dealing with people
who I term "skittish";  the DSM-IV requires that the person who has
the disorder consider it a disorder (causitive of problems in need
of resolution) for it to be classified as a disorder.

Now, knowing that, and starting with his assumption that everyone
is Narcissitic Personality Disorder, would anyone here say that they
have personality tendencies that are severely interfering with their
lives and hence, require treatment?  That of course, would be the
direct implication of his "prognosis".

And having said, one can thus deduce he doesn't know what the fuck he
his talking about, since I do not see any questions to group members
of the form I just posed.

If he were smart, he could of course, make the statement that he is
observing narcistic tendencies (and get away with that)/

omard-out

*I am weird.  No doubt about it. Confirmed from multiple external
sources.
I am a very open person, so I don't bother hiding my abnormalities in
the
slightest.  I don't see a point to continually trying to iceskate
uphill.