[extropy-chat] Moon news

natashavita at earthlink.net natashavita at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 9 18:42:31 UTC 2004

From:  Artillo at comcast.net

>GRRRR I don't like this part of the article at all! I really don't think
that a 'one-track mind' approach is a good idea, how about you guys?>

"Sources said Bush will direct NASA to scale back or scrap all existing
programs that do not support the new effort. Further details about the
plan
and the space agency's revised budget will be announced in NASA
briefings
next week and when the president delivers his FY 2005 budget to
Congress."

I can see a way around this.  If NASA scraps current projects for a more
exalted program, then the trickle down effect could occur and the
"scrapped" projects could go to private industry where their is a growing
interest, and this could help it along.  I got a lot of good wear out of my
best friends' hand-me-down cloths.  Of course she has very expensive taste,
but so does NASA.

Natasha