[extropy-chat] http://www.julianbarbour.com/

Damien Broderick thespike at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 10 06:04:01 UTC 2004

I said:

> Some spam prick seems to have sitejacked theoretical physicist Julian
> Barbour's site. Google's cache shows the same crap. But I'm far from
expert
> on this stuff; anyone have any insight into this annoyance?

I was rather hoping someone would immediately reply, hoisting me on my own
recent petard, with the single word:

`Yes.'

But Robert Bradbury kindly reminded me of the Wayback Machine:

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

which showed that Barbour had moved (as Google would have informed me had I
bothered to look properly; but I'd trusted my own bibliography) to
www.platonia.com/

Still, this shows that it doesn't pay to up and leave when some shyster is
liable to grab your expired url and make off with it for nefarious spamster
purposes...

Damien Broderick