[extropy-chat] Fw: Deconstruction deconstructed....

Damien Broderick thespike at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 11 19:31:29 UTC 2004

From: "Anders Sandberg" <asa at nada.kth.se>
Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2004 7:39 AM

> Damien Broderick said:

> > Lingua Franca was not a peer-reviewed journal.

> Just to be a hopeless nitpicker, it was published originally in Social
> Text.

Ack! Curse my failing memory, and the absence of my annotated library! But
for fans of this kind of discourse (although with a Germanic flavor rather
than a Froggish one), there's a review by the brilliant if rather fixated
marxist critic Fredric Jameson of Bill Gibson's post-cyberpunk *Pattern
Recognition*, at:

http://www.newleftreview.net/NLR25706.shtml

Jameson was an early and influential commentator on postmodernism, and like
me he found Gibson's *Neuromancer* the very model of a postmodern major
genre text.

Damien Broderick