[extropy-chat] The omniscience of God and the free will of Man

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Sun Jan 11 21:23:31 UTC 2004

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John K Clark
  To: ExI chat list
  Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2004 8:58 PM
  Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] The omniscience of God and the free will of Man

  >Is it possible to have a universe sporting free-will and a God?

  I don't think God exists but at least I know what people mean when they use the word, but I have no idea what people mean when they talk about "free will", an idea so bad it's not even wrong.

  And which God would that be?
  Personally I prefer Odin, although Freya has interesting qualities.
  Or are you talking about the Jewish pantheon?

  Dirk

  The Consensus:-
  The political party for the new millennium
  http://www.theconsensus.org