[extropy-chat] The omniscience of God and the free will of Man

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Mon Jan 12 08:58:30 UTC 2004

Message
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Paul Grant
  To: 'Dirk Bruere' ; 'ExI chat list'
  Sent: Monday, January 12, 2004 7:20 AM
  Subject: RE: [extropy-chat] The omniscience of God and the free will of Man

      Personally I've always liked the tricksters :) Loki, Coyote etc :)

      I've always found them dangerous.

      ~ I've always thought of them as misunderstood :)

      _____
      You ever check out the Egyptian mythologies? Isis was pretty cool,
      same with Thoth :)

      Isis is still going strong, and undergoing something of a revival (ignoring her supremacy in the Catholic pantheon).

      ~I wasn't aware it was a going concern :) I'm a fan of mythology, not necessarily the religions they inspire :)

      http://www.fellowshipofisis.com/
      Fellowship of Isis - 22,619 members

      PS> interesting observation regarding judiasm pre-monotheism :) I'll have to check that out :)

      You didn't expect YHVH to suddenly spring up fully formed, did you? Esp with all those illustrious neighbours such as the Sumerians?

      Dirk

      The Consensus:-
      The political party for the new millennium
      http://www.theconsensus.org