[extropy-chat] Moon news

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 13:29:31 UTC 2004

--- Amara Graps <amara at amara.com> wrote:>
> P.S. Bush's Moon news: I wonder how he intends to pay for it, given
> his 500 billion dollar deficit.

I believe the 2004 budget allocates only $800 million to this program.
Funding escalates over the next 6 years. By 2010, when these missions
are supposed to occur, according to the CBO, the budget deficit will be
only 9 billion dollars. Given that my generation is never going to see
social security, I don't mind so much that my money is going to this
rather than to someone else's retirement. Thanks anyways.

How about paying for it by eliminating federal programs that are not
authorized by the Constitution, for a change?

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey