[extropy-chat] Priorities: Longevity, food or viruses?

Mon Jan 12 21:47:31 UTC 2004

David Lubkin wrote,
> At 03:33 PM 1/12/2004 -0500, Harvey Newstrom wrote:
> > With our longer life-spans today, especially for
> > transhumanists, it is almost definite that we will
> > live to see the end of oil resources.
>
> I don't know about you, but I don't intend to be on this
> planet at that time.

Even so, I don't want to leave behind a ruined planet when I leave, either.
Many people will choose to stay on earth and don't want it depleted of
resources, especially by people planning to leave afterwards.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,