[extropy-chat] ENOUGH already

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 22:23:54 UTC 2004

--- Paul Grant <paulgrant999 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Incidentally,
> before that stupid declaration in 1948,
> Palestinians and Israeli's were living
> side-by-side quite fine.

I'm sure that David can affirm that this is essentially an abject lie,
though I do not doubt that Mr. Grant believes it to be true, or at
least wants and needs it to be so.

The primary reason that the British were getting guerillaed by the
Zionist movement was that the Brits were not letting any more Jews
return to their homeland (a right which the Palestinians think they
deserve instead, apparently, and which I'll bet Mr Grant agrees with),
and were tolerating the pogroms of arab against jew.

The British were also aiding German intelligence agents in assasinating
Zionists on the streets of Palestine in the 1930's (targeted killing of
militants, a practice which the Palestinians, Germans, and Mr. Grant
seem to think is so criminal today when conducted against
Palestinians).

Furthermore is the unmentioned expelling of hundreds of thousands of
Jews from many arab countries, none of which have been paid reparations
or offered a right of return, and no arab nation is offering any as
part of the peace process. Jews living 'side-by-side' in 'peace' in
arab countries prior to 1948 consisted of non-citizenship, paying
higher taxes for being jewish, and in many areas, forced conversion or
at least a ban on synagogues or other open expression of jewish faith.

If that is what Mr. Grant calls 'quite fine', then I am willing to
accept his surrender of his passport, a check equal to his taxes, oh,
and maybe his first born daughter as well. ;)

Now, now, Mr. Grant, no need to make any 'stupid declarations'....

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey