[extropy-chat] Europanto

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 17:13:39 UTC 2004

--- Spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:
> A better approach(3) would be to follow(2) each ambiguous
> term(4) with a digit(1) that specifies which definition(2)
> is intended(1).

Heck, we can't get kids to spell the words right, what makes you think
they'll make the effort to remember the proper numerical designations
for each definition for each term?

If everybody had a context analysis AI that would do this for you like
a spell checker, querying you on the ambiguous terms, this might be
implementable, then you'd have individuals who WANTED their text to be
universally translatable to put the effort into making it so.

However, I imagine now that high paid writers and publishers will
employ rooms full of low paid immigrant workers to do their translation
designations for them: the blind leading the blind.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey