[extropy-chat] Sleeplessness

Alfio Puglisi puglisi at arcetri.astro.it
Tue Jan 13 23:24:17 UTC 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Paul Grant wrote:

>I've also experienced a weird state where I've been mentally
>processing stuff at night, and wake up instantly alert with
>a bunch of new stuff already figured out.  Not sure why this
>happens though; I've noticed it tends to be stuff it tends to
>concern interesting (to me) problems that require creative
>solutions.

Same for me. I often wake up and have a clear solution in mind. Also I
noticed that the evening->morning memory is absolutely the best one - if I
read something before sleeping, and I'm paying the due attention, I can
recite it almost verbatim the morning after (not just pseudo-photo memory,
since I could reason about it). After one entire day, memory starts to
miss pieces here and there - but it was very useful in school during exam
crunches :))

Alfio