[extropy-chat] Static Contraction weight training?

Johnius Johnius at Genius.UCSD.edu
Wed Jan 14 09:10:54 UTC 2004

  Has anyone here experimented with Static Contraction
weight training?  (or the new "CNS workout"?)

  I first heard of the technique in the video portion
of Anthony Robbins' _Get the Edge_ program, and I find
it very interesting/intriguing/promising.

  The developers claim it's the fastest way to build
muscular strength/mass, and it's based on progressive
overloading of one's muscles held at their strongest
positions, with standard weight training exercises.

  Two web references are:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0809229072/qid=1074070030//ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i0_xgl14/103-9718764-9986254?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
Static Contraction Training
by Peter Sisco, John R. Little

http://precisiontraining.com/
http://precisiontraining.com/books.cfm
http://precisiontraining.com/index.cfm?bookID=9
Official site (slow server)

  I have to admit I like the idea of increasing my strength
by 50-80% in 10 weeks, with only 3 minutes of actual lifting
time per week...

Best, Johnius