[extropy-chat] ENOUGH again

Damien Broderick thespike at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 14 18:52:50 UTC 2004

> > BTW, Mike Lorrey gets mentioned by name and url in Bill McKibben's
> > book ENOUGH, note 7, chap. 4. (For his pro-GE leafleting.)
>
> Really? What does he say?

Just the citation, really, while pointing out (quite fairly, in my view)
that the claim on the stickers is intended to blur the line between `ten
thousand years of cross-breeding' and `sticking flounder genes in
strawberries', and thus to intimidate opponents.

Greg Burch gets a citation; Max More is traduced, as I mentioned in an
earlier post; a Mark Walker citation precedes the big finish. I crop up all
over the place, as do other cites from the extrope list. The man has put in
some legwork.

Damien Broderick