[extropy-chat] Silly internet patents...

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 07:25:35 UTC 2004

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/01/15/2349201&mode=thread&tid=126&tid=155&tid=95&tid=99

The above article details how one new startup company has patented the
commonly accepted means of structuring domain names and email
addresses. They received this junk patent in 2003, if you can believe
it. While browsing the patent office site, it struck me that there was
no means by which an individual can lodge a protest against a patent,
submit commentary challenging the validity of claims made, etc. via the
website, a la a crit-type hypertext commentary....

I hereby propose to patent such a system, then lobby the gummint to
make the PTO license my patent..... tee hee...

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey